A clean efficient and cost effective fuel alternativeAutogas is the abridged name for automotive LP Gas – that is, LP Gas used as an automotive transportation fuel. Autogas is today the most accepted alternative fuel in the automotive sector with more than 13 million vehicles operating worldwide. The added value of LPG as an automotive fuel is that it generates considerably fewer emissions than other fossil fuels, contributing to the protection of the environment and human health while also mitigating the threat of climate change. It's also cheaper than diesel and petrol.
It's Greener and cleaner
Driving your car and van on LPG autogas reduces your carbon footprint and your contribution to global warming.
Extensive independent tests demonstrated that running on LPG autogas resulted in a 20% reduction in carbon dioxide (CO2) emissions when compared to the equivalent petrol vehicle and it is anticipated to have a 10% advantage over the equivalent diesel by 2010.
LPG autogas is regarded as a cleaner fuel because its simple chemical composition means it is a very clean burning
This is important for the quality of the air you breathe which directly affects your health. Particulates accumulate in your lungs and LPG engines were shown to have around 99% less per kilometre of these polluting emissions than diesels.
Additionally diesel vehicles were found to emit 20 times the amount of Nitrogen Oxides (NOx) than diesels.
- Compared with petrol and diesel, LPG is the best environmental alternative
- LPG is a low carbon content fuel that can reduce your carbon footprint read more
- LPG produces fewer harmful emissions that impact on local air quality. read more
- Less damage to soil and water in case of spills - LPG will quickly evaporate in the event of a fuel spill. Unlike petrol and diesel, there is no risk of ground or water contamination
- Engine noise is low
- Approximately 30% cheaper than petrol
- Approximately 35% cheaper than diesel
There are now 95 outlets offering Autogas around Ireland. Click here to view all outlets